Senior Phase of Preschool – What to expect at Baby Steps Early Learning Centre
Scholastic achievement at school is dependent on a solid foundation. We at Baby Steps pride ourselves on making sure that your child gets the best care and is nurtured and loved.
A huge passion of mine is school readiness. There isn’t a stronger foundation than the curriculum we offer at Baby Steps Early Learning Centre. It makes me happy to know that our learners leave us very prepared for Grade 1.
Senior Preschool Curriculum
- Perceptual skills: Auditory and visual memory and processing skills
- Cognitive development: Thinking and reasoning skills
- Pre math skills: Simple addition, subtraction, data handling, categorizing, and basic number concepts
- Pre-reading skills: Eye-tracking, sound recognition, blends, rhyming words, and syllables
- Language development: Vocabulary, articulation, and comprehension
– English, Afrikaans, and Zulu.
- Social and emotional: Independence, teamwork, sharing, and dealing with emotions
- Life skills: General knowledge is enhanced weekly with our changing themes and weekly experiments.
- Teaching: Children learn in different ways, and we need to cater to all the different styles of learning. We try to make use of learning through all our senses. We incorporate technology with our touch screen, smart T.V, and PowerPoint presentations. We offer whole class teaching, small group teaching, and one-on-one lessons (with a specialized aid teacher). In this way, we can ensure that every child gets what they need and can reach their potential.
We pride ourselves on offering the BEST education possible for a solid foundation!
Success Begins with Baby Steps!
Baby Steps Early Learning Centre