The Baby Steps team are so excited to welcome you to our Baby Steps blog. In these blogs we are going to be discussing all things parenting, not just education,…
The Baby Steps team are so excited to welcome you to our Baby Steps blog. In these blogs we are going to be discussing all things parenting, not just education, which will however be a very important aspect of our blogs.
We are going to be diving into topics such as:
- Education (information provided by Tracey Urquhart, the brains behind our fast growing preschool.)
- Vaccinations, Health and Nutrition for mom’s and babies (information provided by Marion Wing, paediatric nurse and the parenting instruction manual that was never documented, lol.)
- Stimulation and perceptual development (information provided by Nicole Paul Rothfusz, our Baby Steps residential Occupational Therapist.)
- All things baby, toddler & big kid product related (information provided by Daniella Diederiks, an avid bargain hunter, product researcher and Baby Steps mommy to a delightful two year old.)
- Serious or not so serious things such as parenting difficulties, inspirations and the why, why, why’s of life in general (information provided by our Baby Steps families and babies themselves.)
- Updates on the Baby Steps Learning Centres and our Team
To kick off this blog, I would like to introduce myself. I am Daniella Diederiks (yes, the bargain hunter and Baby Steps mommy as mentioned above). I will be writing the narrative and sourcing the information for these blogs. In short I am a planner, seeker of happiness, cat and human mom, creative and OCD maybe.
My journey with Baby Steps began in November 2017 when I started my hunt (because I like to think that I am proactive like that, lol) for a crèche for my very new peach, who at the time was just two months old.
As a parent, my biggest fear is making the wrong decision for my little guy. I can honestly say that choosing Baby Steps has been by far the best decision I have made for him!
Since day one when joining Baby Steps (Riley Road) at four and half months old (January 2018), my peach has been cared for, loved and absolutely adored in the exact same way we love, care for and adore him at home! His teachers (they know who they are) have literally been mommies to him, and I could not have asked for better other “mommies”.
Not only has his physical development far exceeded his age, his social skills are incredible. I owe that to everyone at Baby Steps. You learn best by watching those around you.
Tracey is out of this world amazing! A woman who is a parent that understands parents and goes out of her way to make sure that I am comfortable leaving my “baby” in the hands of the Baby Steps team.
I am probably a little biased here, but most people would be when something that they choose far exceeds their expectations of being the right decision for them. When I am passionate about something, you will most certainly know about it, and that is why I am absolutely honoured to be writing for such an incredible organisation, an organisation that has developed from Baby Steps to massive leaps in achieving their Big Dreams in just four mind blowing years.
I hope you all enjoy the blogs that we will be sharing with you, and that if you do, you share share and share with anyone else that you feel it may be of use to. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have a topic that you would like to contribute to, after all, we moms and dads are all in this together and there is no better support than the support of those who are going through the same journey as you.
To end off, here is a question to kick start a conversation with your little kiddo/s (make sure you do your research first, lol), “Did you know that apple sauce was the first food eaten in space by astronauts?”